Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Last week

Our day off we were able to go to the city of Dakar.  It was pretty intense at first getting out of the cab.  it was the first time we really went somewhere without a senegalese escort.  We ate lunch in the independence hotel.  The restaurant was on the top floor so that we could see all of dakar.  we were the only people in the restaurant because it was a Sunday.  
There was an artist market going on in the center.  There were so many carvings and painting and clothing.  It was really neat.  they people would call us senegalese because we haggled so much.
Monday we discussed our experiences with our groups.  We were meeting with the SEM board the next day so we had to find out what we were going to say and what projects we wanted to present as the most important.  
In the meeting all the groups presented their projects.  there was a little misunderstanding and Alphonse and Aissatou were the only ones that spoke and we didn't do our slide show.  All of the other groups did power points and looked so professional.  But either way our Mbam computer loan was picked second out of 5 which was good.  We were very happy.  
I can't believe that the days in africa are limited, but just the same I am glad to go home and see my family.  I am very grateful for this experience and I will never forget the great times i've had 

No comments:

Post a Comment